We are pleased to announce that the practice now has a new telephone system that we hope will improve your experience of contacting the practice and address many of the concerns patients have raised with our old legacy phone systems.
The new telephone system offers the same functions regardless which branch you call; Marlow, Lane End and Hambleden.
We hope you will like the following new features:
- You will be notified which number you are in the queue.
- You will be offered the option for the practice to call you back. This maintains your position in the queue and calls you back when you have reached the front of the queue, saving you having to wait on the line. We will try to call you back twice. If we can’t reach you after two attempts you will need to call again.
- If your telephone displays your telephone number when calling, this will enable our Reception team to access your patient record when they answer the call.
- Our Reception team are alerted to calls that have been waiting the longest so we can more efficiently answer calls.
- The practice number will be shown when we call you.
- The practice message you hear changes depending which time you call.
When the practice is open you will be offered the following options when you call, which you can press immediately for the support you need.
- For appointments please press 1.
- To cancel your appointment press 2. Requests for services other than cancellation will not be processed.
- For results please press 3 after 10.30am.
- For home visits or any other query please press 4
- For secretaries and referrals press 5
When the practice is utilising the local out of hours service between 08.00-08.30 and 18-00.18.30, Monday to Friday you will be notified of the out of hours telephone number 0300 033 9888
When the practice is closed you will be notified to call NHS 111 or 999.