Carers Bucks is an independent local charity which supports unpaid family Carers in Buckinghamshire. We are part of the Carers Trust national network of Carers Centres around the UK. We are a countywide service commissioned by Buckinghamshire County Council, offering support to adult and young carers.
Carers Bucks exists entirely to support and promote the wellbeing of family carers. We support carers of all ages and in different caring roles, including young carers, parents of children with a physical or learning disability, older carers, carers from the black and minority ethnic community and those looking after someone with a mental health condition.
Our role is one of support, providing information about rights and entitlements or simply providing practical and emotional support.
We can help you by providing:
- Up to date information and advice carers’ issues
- Help with knowing your rights and entitlements
- A practical and emotional learning programme
- Help to create an emergency plan
- Opportunities to meet other carers
- Somebody to talk to in confidence
- Regular support groups across the County
- Guidance on health and social care services
- Regular events and newsletters for carers
We also provide a number of services for the benefit of carers in Buckinghamshire, including a Carers and Family Support Service for people with Drug & Alcohol misuse issues, parent carer training, young adult carers support and a Carers Hub at Stoke Mandeville Hospital. All our services are free to carers.
All carers contacting Carers Bucks are able to speak to an experienced Support Worker in confidence, either over the telephone or by visiting our offices (please ring us first to make an appointment).
Carers Bucks, Ardenham Court, Oxford Road, Aylesbury HP19 8HT
Tel: 0300 777 2722 (calls charged at local rate)