- Protect your child. The vaccine will help protect your child against flu and serious complications such as bronchitis and pneumonia
- Protect you, your friends and family. Vaccinating your child will help protect more vulnerable friends and family
- No injection needed. The nasal spray is painless and easy to have
- It’s better than flu. The nasal spray helps protect against flu, has been given to millions of children worldwide and has an excellent safety record
- Avoid costs. If your child gets flu, you may have to take time off work or arrange alternative childcare
What should I do?
Children aged two and three years old are offered this vaccination in general practice. Your child’s GP surgery should contact you. If you haven’t heard from their GP by early November, contact them directly to make an appointment.
Children in reception class and school years 1, 2, 3 & 4 will be offered the vaccine at school. Your child’s school will provide details from the local healthcare team.
For more information click here www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations