Complaints Policy

Our aim is to provide the highest level of care for all our patients. We will always be willing to hear if there is any way that you think that we can improve the service we provide.

Making a complaint

If you have any complaints or concerns about the service that you have received from the doctors or staff working for this practice, please let us know.

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.  If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks – because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily.  If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem.

We would prefer to receive your complaint in writing as this enables us to fully investigate your complaint and speak to any staff or clinicians involved before addressing your concerns. Please send your complaint to the practice for the attention of Belinda Lötter, Patient Services Manager providing as much information as possible.

Alternatively, you may telephone the Patient Services Manager on 01628 405570 (9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday), who will explain the procedure to you and make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly.

What we shall do

Our complaints procedure is designed to make sure that we settle any complaints as quickly as possible.

We shall acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days and aim to have looked into your complaint within 10 working days of the date when you raised it with us.  We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved.

When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to:

  • find out what happened and what went wrong
  • make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
  • make sure you receive an apology, where appropriate
  • identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn’t happen again.

At the end of the investigation your complaint will be discussed with you in detail, either in person or in writing.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

We adhere strictly to the rules of medical and personal confidentiality.  If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have his or her permission to do so.

A letter signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (through illness or incapacity) of providing this. Where the patient is incapable of providing consent, please provide the precise details of the circumstances which prevent this in your letter.

Please note, we are unable to discuss any issue relating to someone else without their express permission, which must be in writing, unless the circumstances above apply.

We may still need to correspond directly with the patient, or may be able to deal with the third party and this depends upon the wording of the authority provided.

What you can do next

We hope that, if you have a problem, you will use our practice complaints procedure.  We believe that this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and the opportunity to improve our practice.

If however, you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us, or you are dissatisfied with the way we are dealing with your complaint, the NHS Buckinghamshire Patient Experience Service provides confidential advice and support, helping you to sort out any concerns you may have about the care we provide.

Tel: 0800 328 5640 between 8.30am- 4.00pm Mon-Thurs, 8.30am-3.00pm Fri, or email:

If you remain dissatisfied with the responses to your complaint, you have the right to ask the Health Service Ombudsman to review your case.  You can contact them by calling the complaints line on 0345 015 4033 Mon-Fri 8.30am-5.30pm (calls cost the same as to a UK landline)


or write to them at:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Help in making your complaint

If you would like help making your complaint, please contact your local Health Complaints Advocacy Service (seAp) They provide free, confidential independent advice:

SeAp details:
Telephone: 0330 440 9000
Text: SEAP to 80800
Online Referrals:

Help us get it right

We constantly try to improve the service we provide and are willing to hear your comments and suggestions following your experiences.

Please let us know when you think we have done something well or if you have any suggestions as to how we can do something better.