You can now access a variety of services online without having to phone or visit the surgery. To gain access to these services please download, complete, and return the below form (with appropriate forms of ID – see below) to our reception team to complete your registration application:
Online services offered
- Booking and cancelling appointments
- Ordering repeat prescriptions
- Access your medical records
Our online services are quick, easy and convenient to use from a smartphone, tablet or computer.
They will save you time and help you take more control of your health, particularly if you have any long-term medical conditions which require regular monitoring and prescriptions.
Download and complete your online services registration form – Patient only
To register for online services please download the below form and complete and return to the surgery with appropriate forms of ID.
Please note: if you wish to register for online services, to access your repeat prescriptions, appointments etc., you are also required provide evidence of your ID. One form of photo ID (passport, driving license) and one form of proof of address (utility bill, bank statement) which you will then need to bring with you when you hand in your registration form at reception..
We will then pass your registration form to our patient services team for processing and will email you the information that you need in order to register your account.
Please ensure that when you fill in this form you supply us with your current email address – please note we need separate and unique email addresses for our patients due to the nature of our online services. Please be aware that we cannot use this form to register any patients under the age of 16 – for that please complete the Proxy Access GP online form below.
Please note we look closely at all applications for access to make sure they are genuine. Access can also be withdrawn at any time if there are concerns about patient confidentiality. If you are unable to use the online form please contact the Practice for advice.
How to sign up
The steps below show how you can give another person access:
- If you would like to give your chosen person access to your GP online services please download and complete the form below. You may also choose to register for online services for yourself if you do not already use them,
- Give your chosen person the downloaded short form to fill in. You will also need to sign to confirm you agree with the information on the form. You can also choose whether you only want them to book appointments or order prescriptions or use all the services on your behalf. It is up to you,
- Your chosen person will need to show your surgery their photo ID and proof of address, for example, a passport or photo driving license and a bank statement or council tax statement. If they don’t have the required ID, speak to staff at the surgery, who may be able to help confirm their identity in another way,
- For granting access to Proxy Access for Online Services for children we will need to see photo ID and proof of address for the parent/guardian alongside a full birth/adoption certificate for the child,
- A GP at the Practice will make a decision on whether to give your chosen person access to your GP online services. If we decide not to give them access, we will discuss their reasons with you,
- Once the form has been signed off by the GP your chosen person will receive the necessary registration information to register and login to your GP online services.
See further information by clicking on the link below.
Patient Access video tutorials
Please note some of these services may not yet be available at the Practice. Please check with reception.
NHS England – easy read guides to GP online services
A set of guides that use easy words and pictures to enable users to understand GP online services.
NHS England: videos about using GP online services
Please have a look at the GP Online Services case studies below which gives the views of patients, practice managers and GPs about how easy and useful it is to book appointments, order repeat prescriptions and have access to medical records online.
The Patient Responsibility
You understand that it is your responsibility to keep your contact details updated and that you are responsible for the safety and security of your personal registration details for online services. You also understand that you can withdraw consent at any time by simply notifying the Practice in writing.
- Where access is granted to your registration details such as PIN, Practice ID, Access ID and CHI number will be sent via post or given in person.
- The Email address must be specific to the person making the request. It cannot be a shared account.
- Patient with a history of non-attendance at pre-booked appointments without cancelling will not normally be granted access to online appointment booking.
- Online appointments booked are to be cancelled by the patient as soon as it is determined it is no longer required.
- The Practice will not allow misuse of the online system and will monitor usage by individual patients. Where it is considered that a patient is misusing the system or is acting in a way detrimental a warning letter will be issued. Where the situation does not improve, or recurs, access will be removed permanently and without further notice at the discretion of the Partners. This will not affect your registration with the Practice.
- On approval request for online access you will be given access and instructions.
- Requests for reissue of access log-in details will be sent via post to the patients registered address or in person.
- The status of repeat prescriptions requests should be checked online to confirm they have been prescribed before collecting any medications from the Pharmacy especially if requesting a item not on your repeat prescription record.
Abuse of the Online System
Abuse of the system includes, but is not exclusive to the following:
- Sending needless or abusive messages to the Practice
- Repeatedly booking and cancelling appointments
- Repeatedly booking appointments over a short period of time
- Booking appointments and not attending them
- Any offensive or abusive messages through the service
- Requesting prescriptions that you do not need.
Please do not use this service for any urgent medical queries as this service is only monitored during practice working hours on a daily basis.
Please note: If you have an urgent medical query you should telephone the surgery or contact the out of hours service by calling 111.
We take the security of your information very seriously. Our clinical systems provider ensures that the information you provide when using the online services portal is protected. All communications with the web site are encrypted, using the same high security that major banks use for their internet transactions (128 bit SSL). Only you can see the personal information you enter.
Using the most up-to-date version of your web browser also improves security of information. Remember to close the browser after use, especially if someone else could access your computer.